Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Annotated bibliography

Fashion Design, Culinary Arts Schools - The Art Institutes. Ed. The Art Institute of Tennessee — Nashville. The Art Institute of Tennessee — Nashville. Web. 05 Apr. 2010. .

This is going to be one of the sources that I use. The Art Institute of America will be the most important place that I will go in beginning my career as a Chef. The Art institute has over 40 locations in North America and has been around for years. There website is very helpful and will tell me what I need to know to get my career started. They have tabs for student life, financial aid and career services. They even offer live online chat with a representative from the school or an option to request info and they will email you.

Vogel, Mark . "Becoming a chef." reluctantgourmet.com. Copyright © 1997 - 2010 The Reluctant Gourmet™, n.d. Web. 7 Apr 2010. .

This source gives me a lot of information on becoming a Chef, the pros and cons. The writer graduated from The Institute of Culinary Education in NYC. He gives an example of going to cooking school or not, I may use this in my paper. He talks about being a chef for some people is not what they thought it would be. The hours are long and the work is hard. He also mentions how there is a lot of hard work to get to the top even after culinary school.

Cruising, Career. Career Cruising. Yc.edu/library, 1999. Web. 7 Apr. 2010. .

This is the career cruising site through the Yavapai college library site. I plan on using this sight to get information about the pay that chefs make. How in demand this job is, is it increasing or decreasing? It gives a good description of what a chef is, I may quote parts of that in my paper. This site gives me an option to read about some of the working conditions chefs work in. It also has two interviews from chefs. I may quote part of those interviews in my paper. I also can gain access to other resources through this sight.

Serpe, Ralph. "Becoming a Chef – Culinary School or On the Job Training?" 2000. Web. 7 Apr. 2010. .

This source is written by a passionate cook and writer for chef-ability.com. The site Buzzle.com intelligent life on the web has been around since 2000. This specific article writes about the advantages and disadvantages of going to culinary school or on the job training. He also talks about the advantages of both put together. This article is going to help me with my argument statement so I am sure that I will be quoting or citing lines from this article for my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment